Rada Distinguished Alumni Award Criteria
Professor emeritus Ron Rada and his wife Jane created this award in 2002 to honor recent to mid-career alumni who were making exceptional contributions to their professionals and/or communities. The award provides another point on UW-L's continuum of awards that recognize excellence at the various career stages of alumni.
The purpose of the Rada Distinguished Alumni Award is to recognize living alumni who have graduated within the last 20 years from UW-La Crosse and meet one or more of the award criteria.
This award is presented annually at the UWL Alumni Awards Program during spring commencement weekend. Up to two awards will be given each year. The award includes a scholarship of $2,000 presented to a current student in a department of the recipient's choosing. Recipients receive a gift showcasing their accomplishments.
Criteria for the award:
- Achieved distinction in a chosen field of endeavor since graduation
- Made an outstanding contribution to their profession
- Demonstrated exceptional personal qualities through participation in activities that provide long-lasting benefits to communities and society
- Alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the university are encouraged to make nominations.
(Simply forward the name to the Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.785.8489).
- Nominations are accepted throughout the year.
- Nominations must be received by Oct. 1 to be considered for the spring award.
- Nominees are notified and asked to submit the following:
- Three letters of reference
- Any additional documentation they wish to provide
- Files need to be complete by Nov. 15 to be considered for the following year.
- Once all the necessary documents have been received, nominees remain active for consideration for a period of two years. Individuals nominated in their nineteenth year of eligibility will remain active for consideration for a period of one year.
- The Rada Distinguished Alumni Award selection committee will review all complete files and select the recipient(s).
- The Chancellor will notify the recipient(s) of the award.
- Recipients are required to attend the awards ceremony.