Professor emeritus Ron Rada and his wife Jane created this award in
2002 to honor recent to mid-career alumni who were making exceptional
contributions to their professionals and/or communities. The award
provides another point on UW-L's continuum of awards that recognize
excellence at the various career stages of alumni.
The purpose of the Rada Distinguished Alumni Award is to recognize
living alumni who have graduated within the last 20 years from UW-La
Crosse and meet one or more of the award criteria.
This award is presented annually at the UW-L Alumni Awards Program
during spring commencement weekend. Up to two awards will be given each
year. The award includes a scholarship of $2,000 presented to a current
student in a department of the recipient's choosing. Recipients receive a
gift showcasing their accomplishments.
Criteria for the award:
- Achieved distinction in a chosen field of endeavor since graduation
- Made an outstanding contribution to their profession
- Demonstrated exceptional personal qualities through
participation in activities that provide long-lasting benefits to
communities and society
- Alumni, faculty, staff and friends of the university are encouraged to make nominations.
(Simply forward the name to the Alumni Association at email@example.com or 608.785.8489).
- Nominations are accepted throughout the year.
- Nominations must be received by Oct. 1 to be considered for the spring award.
- Nominees are notified and asked to submit the following:
Three letters of reference
Any additional documentation they wish to provide
- Once all the necessary documents have been received, nominees
remain active for consideration for a period of two years or 20 years
from their last degree from UW-L, whichever comes first.
- The Rada Distinguished Alumni Award selection committee will review all complete files and select the recipient(s).
- The Chancellor will notify the recipient(s) of the award.
- Recipients are required to attend the awards ceremony.
View the bios of past recipients