Parker Multicultural Alumni Award
The purpose of the Multicultural
Alumni Award is to recognize alumni who have graduated from UW-La Crosse and
have significantly contributed to or advanced multicultural understanding. Dr.
James Parker initiated this award in 1997.
Presentation: This award will be
presented annually at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Up to three awards
will be given each year.
Criteria for the award:
- Alumni must be multicultural or have contributed significantly
to the improvement of multiracial culture and understanding on the campus
and in their careers.
- Must have graduated from UW-La Crosse
- Achieved distinction in a chosen field of endeavor
- Contributions to his/her field that have not necessarily
received public acclaim
- Human and ethical qualities
- Contribution/involvement with the University of
- Solicitation of nominations
- Alumni, friends of the university,
faculty and staff are invited to make nominations. (Simply forward the name to the Alumni Association at email@example.com or 608.785.8489).
- Nominations are accepted year 'round
- Nominations must be received by Oct.
- Nominees are notified and asked to submit the following
information for their file:
- At least two names of people who
will support your nomination
- Any additional documentation they
wish to provide
- Files need to be complete by Nov. 1
to be considered for the following year.
- Committee members will review all complete files and
select the recipient(s).
- The Chancellor will notify the alums of their award(s).
- Recipients are expected to attend the awards ceremony.
If for some reason they are unavailable, they will be recognized the
- Once all the necessary documents have been received,
candidates remain active for consideration for a period of 2 years.