Parker Multicultural Alumni Award Criteria
Parker Distinguished Multicultural Alumni Award Criteria
The purpose of the award is to recognize alumni have significantly contributed to or advanced multicultural understanding. Dr. James Parker initiated this award in 1997.
Presentation: This award will be presented annually at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse. Up to three awards will be given each year.
Criteria for the award:
- Alumni must be multicultural or have contributed significantly to the improvement of multiracial culture and understanding on the campus and in their careers.
- Achieved distinction in a chosen field of endeavor since graduation
- Contributions to his/her field that have not necessarily received public acclaim
- Human and ethical qualities
- Contribution/involvement with the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse
- Solicitation of nominations
- Alumni, friends of the university, faculty and staff are invited to make nominations. (Simply forward the name to the Alumni Association at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608.785.8489).
- Nominations are accepted year 'round
- Nominations must be received by Oct. 1
- Nominees are notified and asked to submit the following information for their file:
- Three letters of reference
- Any additional documentation they wish to provide
- Files need to be complete by Nov. 15 to be considered for the following year.
- Committee members will review all complete files and select the recipient(s).
- The Chancellor will notify the alums of their award(s).
- Recipients are expected to attend the awards ceremony. If for some reason they are unavailable, they will be recognized the following year.
- Once all the necessary documents have been received, candidates remain active for consideration for a period of 2 years.